Introduction

If you are looking for my amateur radio blog this isn't it. Every now and then I have something to say that does not fit in to what I want to post at CQHQ so that will be posted here. What you can expect to find here is my opinions on current affairs, family news and funny stuff that made me smile.

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Follow the White Rabbit


I have always loved Lewis Carroll's books and poems, but felt Disney's treatment of Alice in Wonderland, while being suitably wonderful at the time did not completely catch the surreal madness and magic that the books conjured up in my imagination. Hopefully Tim Burton's version due out on 5th March in the UK will go some way to capturing that feeling, although to be honest it looks more than a little scary to me. Many people these days suspect Mr Carroll was smoking something illegal when he wrote the books and from what I have seen of the trailer I have to ask if Tim Burton was also partaking of the same substance. Without firm evidence I will refrain from judging and just say that I think this is the film I have been waiting for someone to make since I played American McGee's Alice, a third person PC video game released in 2000.

Rumours abound that cinemas in the UK may boycott the film entirely due to Disney wanting to release the DVD version only twelve weeks after it is shown at the cinema Around 85% of Dutch cinemas have already refused to show it in the Netherlands. I sincerely hope that does not happen here as part of the experience, of what is already being called Tim Burton's Masterpiece, is that it is in 3D. Hopefully if it lives up to the hype it will be one of those films where after seeing it on the big screen you need to buy the DVD just to have a piece of it and maybe that is why Disney wants to get it in the shops so quickly.

Feed your head and get ready to follow the White Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment