Introduction

If you are looking for my amateur radio blog this isn't it. Every now and then I have something to say that does not fit in to what I want to post at CQHQ so that will be posted here. What you can expect to find here is my opinions on current affairs, family news and funny stuff that made me smile.

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Patrick Stewart Knighted

Congratulations to one of my personal favorite British actors Patrick Stewart who was knighted by the Queen at Buckingham Palace recently. Most well known for playing Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek the next Generation he endeared himself to me by doing a magically job of playing Professor X in the X-Men films. As a long time Star Trek and X-Men fan it could so easily have been different, another actor could have ruined both roles but Sir Patrick did a marvelous job. Patrick Stewart is a fully trained Shakespearean actor which has set him up well for his TV and film rolls. As a lover of Shakespeare I have also watched him in various plays and even when he is hamming it up he can pull it off with a certain panache where others would seem unconvincing and fake. I think it is this ability that made him so good as Captain of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701D). One of the best things I think he has done is to bring 'Trekkies' in to the audience for his Shakespearean performances who would never have normally gone to watch such a thing. An appriciation of fine art, poetry and theatre is sadly lacking in this TV soap generation. Well done Sir Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment