Introduction

If you are looking for my amateur radio blog this isn't it. Every now and then I have something to say that does not fit in to what I want to post at CQHQ so that will be posted here. What you can expect to find here is my opinions on current affairs, family news and funny stuff that made me smile.

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Going Postal!

The British Post Office can go to hell! Yesterday I had an A4 card through the door telling me I had mail with underpaid postage. It would cost me £1.19 and I had to collect it from the sorting office. So I drive five miles only to find it is a Christmas card. Why I ask is the post not enough? Due to a small diamanté jewel on the card it would not fit through their slot. So what do I want with a Christmas card for in the middle of January? I told them to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

So be warned if you send Birthday or Christmas cards with badges or are a little thicker than normal it needs to be posted as a large letter. A normal 1st or 2nd class letter needs to be less than 5mm. Not that 5mm means anything to half the population who where raised on Imperial measurements and who measures their letters before sending anyway?

The GPO is so screwed, if only there was an alternative like electronic mail. We could call it email for short. I think I will refuse to send anything through the mail in future if I can help it.

So if you sent me a Christmas card in a gold envelope with a small diamanté jewel on I never got it.

Where have all the Clacks towers gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment